Friday, February 17, 2012

Obsession of the week: Vatanai Blue/Orange/Red Whales

Okay, this one took me a little bit by surprise. Everything i've ever heard about vats was regarding how thin but supportive they are. I tried Vatanai Ravenna recently on a temp trade and loved it. So when I heard that these new tri whales were thick, I was excited! I love Ravenna, but I love thick too. I was looking for the orange/brown version for a few weeks, but the only size available at retail was a 6 so I waited. I had a feeling SO might try wrapping with this so I asked him which colorway he preferred and he chose this one. I ended up getting this 7 in a trade, and while I was hesitant about the color, now that its here I LOVE it! The blue is very petrol, and the red/orange mix together nicely. Its just a beautiful wrap. But that's not the best part! This thing is a beast of a wrap for sure, but i've never met such a thick, dense wrap that had so much stretch! The stretch and moldability are unreal! I can't compare it to anything i've ever felt before. I just keep going back to a description someone gave of pamir a long time ago, that it wrapped sort of like an ace bandage....This is very much like that...like a huge, thick, dense ace bandage. Unbelieveable cush, super support, the ultimate comfy toddler wrap. Makes me think I could give up all the rest. Not that I ever could, in fact, i'm thinking of getting the orange/brown version too!

1 comment:

  1. I have hunted everywhere for the brown/orange whales. Can you still get it retail anywhere?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete